Why Grilled Cheese with Tomato Soup? I'm not really a chicken soup for the soul kind of girl. For me, the ultimate comfort food is grilled cheese and tomato soup. Takes me back to my childhood, warms the tummy, AND I can make it in about 7 minutes.


Saturday, January 1, 2011

2011

Not sure where this blog is going or who will even read it. In 2009 I read through the entire Bible and blogged each day about it. I loved both the way it kept me disciplined towards my goal and the way it got me to think at a deeper level. I'm hoping this will do the same thing. I want to take specific Bible verses, quotes from books, things that happen, etc. and think about them at a deeper level. We'll see.....


This is what the Lord says, ... "Forget the former things; do not dwell on the past. See, I am doing a new thing! Now it springs up; do you not perceive it? I am making a way in the desert and streams in the wasteland."
-- Isaiah 43:16,18-19


The year is gone, finished, past. We cannot reclaim it or undo it. If tomorrow dawns, it will be another day, a new opportunity. I have never been a huge fan of all the New Year's Eve hoopla. Just not my thing. But there is a part of me that grows philosophical on this occasion. I can't help but look back on the old year and mentally celebrate and mourn certain events. And as much as I claim to not do resolutions, I still set certain goals for myself. My thoughts this morning?
  • Get healthier (wow that sounds like a broken record!)
  • Care more about what God cares about
  • Care less about what others think of me
  • Do everything I can to prepare to launch 3 godly young women into the world
  • Do a better job of keeping plugged into my life source (pray....obey)
Okay, don't want to get too crazy with this. Would love to hear your goals for 2011.

No comments:

Post a Comment