Why Grilled Cheese with Tomato Soup? I'm not really a chicken soup for the soul kind of girl. For me, the ultimate comfort food is grilled cheese and tomato soup. Takes me back to my childhood, warms the tummy, AND I can make it in about 7 minutes.


Friday, September 2, 2011

Random Stuff in My Head

Lately I have had lots of random thoughts in my head and none of them really inspire me to write extensively about them. So for now, I am going to just vomit them out there and see if any of them lead anywhere....


I think I am getting old. I take naps more often. I am having the darned-est time memorizing scripture!


Sarah being in college has gotten me thinking a bunch about my college days. Those were really great times. Tons of freedom and new-found independence, and minimal responsibilities. I didn’t appreciate those concepts enough at the time.


I have a level of restlessness and boredom in my life right now that seem unusual. I am starting to feel like there is something new for me to do. I just haven’t figured out what it is yet. I am going to start praying and listening.


While I have no basis for comparison, I am more and more convinced that dieting is just as hard as breaking a bad habit like smoking or alcohol.


I miss Africa. And I really hope I get to return there someday.


Too often I think I “exist” for God and don’t passionately pursue God.


I have relatives and friends who are going to hell. No doubt about it. Why don’t I do something?


Recently a couple at our church lost a baby at the 38th week of pregnancy. It made me realize how much I took my pregnancies for granted. I didn’t marvel at the amazing miracle that they were.


Going from being a family of 5 to a family of 4 in our house is a real adjustment. It still feels like Sarah is off at a camp or something.


I think so many people, myself included at times, have a REALLY unhealthy relationship with money.


Praying for someone who I don’t really like very much really DOES change my attitude towards them.

No comments:

Post a Comment