Why Grilled Cheese with Tomato Soup? I'm not really a chicken soup for the soul kind of girl. For me, the ultimate comfort food is grilled cheese and tomato soup. Takes me back to my childhood, warms the tummy, AND I can make it in about 7 minutes.


Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Here for the party!



I am so excited!! This Sunday is my hands-down favorite event in the life of our church. I LOVE BAPTISMS! I am trying to think of any conflicting event that would prevent me from attending and can’t really come up with anything.


If you are part of our church and have never attended one, you don’t know what you are missing. It is not some stuffy old ritualistic ceremony that we do just because it is what churches have always done. It is a celebration of the most amazing transformation in a person’s life. People are going to hell. God intervenes. People make a choice to follow Him and will now spend eternity with Him. That is a reason to hoot and holler and cheer if ever there was one! Buckeyes score (well last season, anyway) and the crowd goes wild. That is a dumb touchdown. This is eternity with our Creator!!! If you aren’t moved to respond, I’m not sure you get it.


I’ve had many proud mom moments along the way...but none of them even come close to the joy I felt and the celebration in my soul when my kids made the “adult” decision to accept Christ and then to publicly share their commitment through baptism. That’s my immediate family. I get just as excited watching my Grace family! Those are my brothers and sisters.....FOREVER!


If you haven’t ever been to a Grace Fellowship baptism, I challenge you to join us this Sunday evening. It may not be The Shoe on a Saturday afternoon, but people will be cheering. It may not be our church building on a Sunday morning, but people will be passionately worshiping.


Your kid might have a game that night...your favorite show might be on tv....you might have a busy day and just not want to drive over to Broad Street. It’s all a choice, my friends. But I hope you choose to come to the party!

No comments:

Post a Comment